Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday....Monday....or, "Did You See That Sewing Machine Dangling From the Window?"

It’s Monday, and everyone is back to work, or at camp…or camped in front of their sewing machines, working.

I have to chuckle, because I am a crocheter, and have not forged that bond with my sewing machine, like so many of you have. Many late nights, when I've gotten the itch to sew, say, a simple pillow for my son, I would drag the ole Singer up from the basement, dust it off, and begin. But as I stepped on the foot pedal, the thread would break, the needle would get stuck, and the bobbin would fly across the room. And my patience? Out the window…along with my sewing machine. No, I do not have the knack for sewing.

But so many of you do! And I’m amazed by the talented designers in b*cheeky who manage to create relevant, funky and fun designs weekly, if not daily; and all the while, with flawless execution.

So this Monday, as I watch my Singer swingin' in the breeze, yet again, I salute all our fabulous "sew-ers":

Jessica of SweetTreatBoutique
Kristi of BluMoonDesign
Jessica of Queen*Bree*Designs
Kelly of Piatillys

Have a wonderful day…and happy sewing!
~Angela
Angelfish Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment