Monday, September 14, 2009

Multiple Purse-onalities


The kids are off to school, the house is quiet, and Mommy has now found herself with something she hasn't had in almost 6 long years: a quiet moment…a solo trip to the bathroom...and a chance to catch up with laundry, dishes, and whatever other task she faces throughout the day without the nagging (though loving) tune of the toddler singing loudly, "what can we do now?"

So what can I do now? Well, with the change of each season brings a welcome change for me- the changing of my "purse-onality."

I have several bags I tote around during the summer- the cute little coral crocheted number that fits nothing more than Purell and Epipens; the large floral bag I could fit everything and the kitchen sink into, and the--gulp--fanny pack...but only one bag for fall.

I love a great purse- it can be the perfect little accessory! You can change it at whim, and it’s not dependent on how bloated you feel that day. A little over three years ago, I was thrilled to discard my sad, plain diaper bag for something more exciting and cute. In the few short years since my boys have been out of diapers, diaper bag fashions have blossomed into full fledged haute couture!! Cute pink camo, fun bold prints- nothing like the boring solid navy blue number I toted around. And of course NOTHING beats a cute handmade Amy Butler fabric bag. Nothing.



Clutterbags "Cool Bags for Hot Mamas" found on Etsy sells trendy and unique diaper bags, small totes and accessories that really make a statement! Super-cute, very versatile, and best yet, free shipping until September 30. I love them, and I want them all! But alas, like I said, I just sent my last little baby off to school. I'm slowly transitioning out of "mommy-mode"-well, at least, out of "baby-mode." Sigh. Maybe I could convince my husband…? Nah. Maybe I’ll just buy the bag!
~Angela

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I love your blog! Thank you so much for featuring my bag.

    ReplyDelete