Monday, July 6, 2009

Fireworks, Family, and alittle "Toot Toot"

I hope everyone had a wonderful, fun and safe holiday weekend! My kiddos saw the local fireworks show for the first time, and watching their little awestruck faces made the numbness I suffered from sitting on the chilly bleachers for 2 hours totally worth it.

4th of July weekend is chock full of picnics and parties, and I think the best part, at least for my family, is getting reacquainted with the folks we don’t get to see often. This weekend, while at a large picnic with many distant relatives, my kids surprised me by not cowering behind us when greeted by someone they weren’t familiar with. I actually heard a “nice to meet you” come out of my 4 year old. Wow, what a difference from last year, when the two of them managed to wedge themselves between my backside and a tree.

By the way, forgive me as I…toot toot!! That’s right, toot that horn!! This holiday weekend, a few more b*cheeky members have been featured!! Sophie of Sophies*Beads was featured, along with myself on Journal Modiste. And Jessica of SweetTreatBoutique was featured on CBD. Congrats ladies and toot that horn!!

Have a great day!
~Angela
Angelfish Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment